The ambient temperature sensor is used in the automatic temperature control systems. It contains a thermistor which measures the temperature of the outside air. The sensor is located in front of the condenser on the left side of the vehicle.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ambient sensor and bracket mounting nut, then remove the sensor.
- Disengage the electrical connector from the ambient sensor and bracket.
- Engage the electrical connector to the ambient sensor.
- Position the ambient sensor and bracket, then install the mounting nut. Tighten to 55-65 inch lbs. (6.2-7.3 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check the system for proper operation.