The blower speed controller is used with automatic temperature control. It converts the base current received from the electronic control assembly into high current, variable ground feed to the blower motor. The blower fan speed is therefore infinitely variable. The blower speed controller is located in the evaporator case, upstream of the evaporator core.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the glove compartment door stops and allow the door to hang by the hinge.
- Working through the glove compartment opening, unfasten the electrical snap-lock connector and aspirator hose at the blower motor controller. Also, disengage the snap-lock connector from it's mounting bracket.
- Remove the two screws attaching the blower controller to the evaporator case and remove the controller. Do not touch the fins of the controller until it has had a sufficient time to cool.
- Position the blower controller on the evaporator case, then install the two attaching screws.
- Engage the wire connector and aspirator hose to the blower controller. Install the connector on the mounting bracket.
- Close the glove compartment door, connect the negative battery cable and check the system for proper operation.