The cold engine lockout switch is used in the automatic temperature control systems. It prevents the air conditioning compressor from running when the engine is cold. The switch screws into a fitting in the heater core inlet tube in the engine compartment.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the two-wire connector from the switch.
- Partially drain the coolant from the radiator.
- Unscrew the switch body from the fitting in the heater inlet tube.
- Apply sealer to the switch threads and install it into the fitting in the heater tube. Tighten to 8-14 ft. lbs. (11-19 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector to the top of the switch.
- Refill the radiator with the removed coolant to the proper level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.