Refer to Routine Maintenance for air conditioning system discharging information.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Whenever a condenser is replaced, it will be necessary to replace the suction accumulator/drier.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and properly discharge the refrigerant from the air conditioning system. Observe all safety precautions.
- Disconnect the two refrigerant lines at the fittings on the right side of the radiator. Perform the spring-lock coupling disconnect procedure located later in this section.
- Remove the bolts or screws and washers attaching the condenser to the radiator support, then remove the condenser from the vehicle.
- Add 1 oz. (30 ml) of clean refrigerant oil to a new replacement condenser.
- Position the condenser assembly to the radiator support brackets, then install the attaching bolts or screws and washers.
- Connect the refrigerant lines to the condenser assembly using new O-rings. Perform the spring-lock coupling connection procedure.
- Leak test, evacuate and charge the refrigerant system following the proper procedures. Observe all safety precautions.