The in-vehicle temperature sensor is used in the automatic temperature control systems. It contains a thermistor which measures the temperature of the air inside the passenger compartment. The sensor is located behind the instrument panel above the glove compartment.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the glove compartment door stops and allow the door to hang by the hinge.
- Working through the glove compartment opening, unclip the sensor from the retainer by squeezing the side tabs.
- Pull the sensor down into the glove compartment, then disengage the electrical connector and aspirator flex hose from the sensor.
- Engage the electrical connector and aspirator flex hose to the sensor.
- Working through the glove compartment opening, attach the sensor to the retaining clip.
- Engage the glove compartment door stops, then close the door.
- Connect the negative battery cable.