The recirculate/fresh air selector door actuator motor is used on vehicles equipped with automatic temperature control. The motor controls the position of the door which allows fresh air or recirculated air, or a combination of the two, into the vehicle. The motor is mounted on the recirculate/fresh air duct.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Lower the glove compartment door to provide access to the recirculation duct assembly.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the end of the vacuum motor and the motor arm retainer from the door crank arm.
- Remove the two nuts retaining the vacuum motor to the recirculation duct, then remove the motor.
- Position the vacuum motor to the fresh air/recirculate door crank arm, position the motor to the recirculation duct and install the two retaining nuts.
- Install the retainer on the door crank arm.
- Connect the white vacuum hose to the vacuum motor, connect the negative battery cable, then check the operation of the vacuum motor.
- Close the glove compartment door.