Refer to Routine Maintenance for air conditioning system discharging information.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Whenever a refrigerant line is replaced, it will be necessary to replace the suction accumulator/drier.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Properly discharge the air conditioning system using the correct equipment. Observe all safety precautions.
- Disconnect the condenser-to-evaporator tube at the A/C condenser core inlet connections using the spring lock coupling procedure located later in this section.
- Remove the condenser-to-evaporator tube from the vehicle.
- Route the new condenser-to-evaporator rube (and integral A/C evaporator core orifice) with the protective caps installed.
Make sure that the correct green O-ring seals are installed on the spring lock coupling A/C fittings.
- Remove the protective caps, then connect the new condenser-to-evaporator tube into the system using new O-ring seals lubricated with clean refrigerant oil. Connect the spring lock couplings.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then leak test, evacuate and charge the A/C system using the properly equipment and observing all safety precaution.