The temperature blend door actuator is used on vehicles equipped with automatic temperature control. The actuator controls blend door movement on command from the control assembly. The blend door actuator is located on top of the evaporator assembly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the instrument panel and pull back from the cowl.
- Remove the blend door actuator electrical connector and plastic clamp from the bracket on the evaporator case. Remove the three actuator attaching screws.
- Lift the actuator vertically for a distance of approximately 1 / 2 in. (12mm) to disengage it from the bracket and blend door shaft. Pull the actuator back toward the passenger compartment.
The mounting bracket remains in place on the evaporator case.To install:
- Insert the blend door actuator horizontally over the actuator bracket on the evaporator case.
- Insert the actuator shaft into the blend door. Manually moving the door will help engage the shaft.
- Attach the actuator bracket with the three attaching screws.
- Attach the actuator electrical connector and plastic clamp to the bracket on the evaporator case.
- Install the instrument panel and connect the negative battery cable.
After replacement of the blend door actuator, the system must be recalibrated for proper operation. To recalibrate, disconnect the positive battery cable from the battery, wait 30 seconds and reconnect the battery cable. Calibration will be performed automatically when the automatic temperature control electronic control assembly is energized.