REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the power booster clevis pin or the pushrod, depending on which type of unit is used.
- Remove the vacuum hose from the power unit.
- Unbolt and remove the master cylinder from the booster. It is not necessary to disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder. There should be enough play in the lines to move the cylinder aside.
- Unbolt and remove the booster from the firewall.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the booster-to-dash nuts to 30 ft. lbs.
Some cars have two holes in the brake pedal for the pushrod. On cars with power brakes, use the lower hole.