REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The thermostat is located in the water outlet housing at the front or on top of the engine. On the V8 the water outlet housing is located in the front of the intake manifold.
To remove the thermostats from all of these engines.
- Drain the cooling system. It is not necessary to disconnect or remove any of the hoses.
- Remove the two attaching screws and lift the housing from the engine.
- Remove the thermostat and the gasket.
- Place the thermostat in the housing with the spring inside the engine.
- Install a new gasket with a small amount of sealing compound applied to both sides.
- The bleed hose on the thermostats used on 6-cylinder engines must be installed up (at 12 o'clock), to prevent `burping' caused by trapped air.
- Install the water outlet and tighten the attaching bolts to 30 ft. lbs.
- Refill the cooling system.