See Figures 1, 2 and 3
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- With the entine turned OFF, relieve the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Drain the fuel tank, then remove it.
- Using a hammer and a drift punch, drive the fuel lever sending device and pump assembly locking ring (located on top of the fuel tank) counterclockwise. Lift the assembly from the tank and remove the sending device.
- Connect the fuel pump to the hose.
Be careful that you don't fold or twist the strainer when installing the sending unit, or you'll restrict fuel flow.
- Install a new o-ring on the pump assembly. Install the sending unit and then position them into the fuel tank.
- Turn the locking ring clockwise until it's tight.
- Install the fuel tank and connect the battery cable.