See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlight cover (surrounding trim panel).
The screws directly above and to one side of the headlight are for adjusting the vertical and horizontal headlight aim. Don't confuse these with the headlight cover retaining screws.
- Loosen the screws holding the headlight retainer ring in place.
- Rotate the retainer ring to disengage the ring from the screws. Remove the ring.
- Pull the headlight out and pull the wire plug off the back.
There are currently only 3 types of headlights commonly in use on U.S. cars:
- Four lamp system high beam.
- Four lamp system combined high and low beam.
- Two lamp system combined high and low beam.
- Push the plug onto the new headlight. Position the headlight. There are lugs on the headlight to make it impossible to put it in wrong.
- Replace the retainer ring and tighten the screws.
- Replace the headlight cover.
When aiming the headlights, each combined high and low beam should be within 6 in. (152.4mm) to the right of the vertical centerline of the light and within 2 in. (51mm) above or below the horizontal centerline, at a distance of 25 ft. (8m). The high beams of a four lamp system should be within 2 in. (51mm) below the horizontal centerline and within 6 in. (152.4mm) right or left from the vertical centerline. Some state inspection laws may not allow this much leeway in adjustment.