REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the car. Support the rear axle with jacks or a lift to take the load off the rear springs.
- Disconnect the rear shock from the lower mounting stud.
- Disconnect the axle U-bolts.
- Remove the nut from the bolt which attaches the eye of the spring to the front mount. Remove the bolt.
- On all except Pacer, remove the nuts from the rear shackle. Remove the shackle.
- On the Pacer, remove the nuts from the rear hanger bracket on the frame sill and remove the spring. Remove the shackle after the spring is removed.
- Installation is the reverse.