REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The ignition switch on all models is mounted on the lower steering column tube and is connected to the lock cylinder via a lock rod.
- Place the key in OFF/LOCK.
- Remove the switch mounting screws.
- Disconnect the lock rod, remove harness connector and switch.
- On the standard column, move the switch slide as far as it will go to the left (toward the wheel). On the tilt column, push the slide to the extreme right.
- Position the lock rod into the hole on the switch slide.
- Install the switch on the steering column. Be sure that the slide stays in its detent.
- On the tilt column, do not tighten the mounting screws. Instead, push the switch down the column, away from the steering wheel. This will remove any slack from the lock rod.
- Tighten the switch mounting screws.