REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the outboard CV-joint. For details, please refer to the procedure in Drive Train .
- Position Front Sensor Ring Remover/Replacer T88P-20202-A or equivalent, in a press. Position the CV-joint on the tool.
- With the CV-joint positioned on the tool, use the press ram to apply pressure to the joint, then remove the speed indicator ring.
- With Front Sensor Ring Remover/Replacer T88P-20202-A or equivalent positioned on the press, place the sensor ring on the tool.
- Position the CV-joint in the Front Sensor Remover/Replacer, then allow the joint to rest on the ring.
Be very careful not to damage the sensor during installation. If the teeth on the sensor are damaged, brake performance will be affected.
- With the CV-joint installed in the tool, place a steel plate across the CV-joint back face. Press the CV-joint until the joint bottoms out in the tool; the ring will then be properly installed.
- Install the outboard CV-joint. For details, please refer to the procedure in Drive Train .
- Carefully lower the vehicle.