REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness lead at the switch connector.
- Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry the connector's locator pins from the holes in the brake pedal support.
- Unsnap the switch hook from the pin on the dump valve adapter bracket.
- Using needlenose pliers, squeeze the tabs on the switch mounting clip, then push the clip through the hole in the pedal support bracket.
- Remove the switch by feeding the switch harness through the hole in the top of the pedal support bracket.
Make sure the wiring from the harness is restricted from coming in contact with the steering universal joint.
- Feed the switch harness through the forward hole in the top of the pedal support bracket. Route the harness around the left-hand side of the support, then install the locator pins to the holes in the brake pedal support with the open side of the connector facing the center of the vehicle.
- Attach the switch connector to the wiring harness.
- Insert a switch mounting clip to the hole in the pedal support bracket, then press firmly toward the brake pedal support sidewall until a click is heard.
- Route and attach the switch, then make sure the mounting clip tabs are fully engaged.
Any time the switch it unhooked from the pin, the following resetting procedure should be used to make sure the switch is adjusted properly.
Adjust the switch as follows:
- Push the switch plunger fully into the switch housing as shown in the accompanying figure. This zeroes out the switch adjustment so that it can be automatically reset to the correct dimension during the following steps.
- Slowly pull the arm back out of the switch housing past the detent point. At this point, it should be impossible to reattach the arm to the pin unless the brake pedal is forced down.
- To complete the adjustment, press the brake pedal until the switch hook can be snapped onto the pin. Snap the hook onto the pin and pull the brake pedal back up to its normal at-rest position. This automatically sets the switch to the proper adjustment.
- Connect the negative battery cable.