REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
In normal service it should not be necessary or required to drain and refill the automatic transaxle. However, under severe operation or dusty conditions the fluid should be changed every 20 months or 20,000 miles (32,206 km).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jack stands.
- If the pan is equipped with a drain plug, drain the fluid into a suitable container.
- If the pan does not have a drain plug, place a suitable drain pan underneath the transaxle oil pan. Loosen the oil pan mounting bolts and allow the fluid to drain until it reaches the level of the pan flange. Remove the attaching bolts, leaving one end attached so that the pan will tip and the rest of the fluid will drain.
- Remove the oil pan. Thoroughly clean the pan. Remove the old gasket. Make sure that the gasket mounting surfaces are clean.
- Remove the transaxle filter screen retaining bolt. Remove the screen.
- Install a new filter screen and O-ring. Place a new gasket on the pan and install the pan to the transaxle. Tighten the transaxle pan to 15-19 ft. lbs. (20-26 Nm).
- Fill the transaxle to the correct level. Remove the jackstands and lower the car to the ground.