Removal & Installation
2004-06 TL Models
- Remove the intake manifold cover.
Remove the right side engine compartment cover (A), then remove the left rear engine compartment cover (B) and right rear engine compartment cover (C).
NOTEWhen removing the No. 6 coil you must remove the reserve tank heat shield and reserve tank.
Disconnect the ignition coil connectors (A), then remove the ignition coils (B).
- Install the ignition coils in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the coil mounting bolts to 8.7 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover, if applicable.
- Remove the ignition coil cover, if necessary.
- Detach the coil electrical connector(s).
- Remove the ignition coil mounting bolts, then remove the ignition coil.
Install is the reverse of the removal procedure.
NOTEThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) idle memory must be reset after reconnecting the battery. Start the engine and hold it at 3000 rpm until the cooling fan comes on. Then allow the engine to idle for about five minutes with all accessories OFF and with the transmission in Park or Neutral.