Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of the following special tools or their equivalents: Holder handle Holder handle 07JAB-001020A, 50mm Holder attachment 07NAB-001040A and 19mm Socket 07JAA-001020A.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the drive belt and other component necessary to access the crankshaft pulley (damper).
- Hold the pulley with holder handle (A) and holder attachment (B).
Remove the bolt with a 19 mm socket (C) and breaker bar, then remove the crankshaft.
Clean the crankshaft pulley (A), crankshaft (B), bolt (C), and washer (D). Lubricate as shown.
Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt, as follows: Do not use an impact wrench.
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle (A) and pulley holder attachment (B). Torque the bolt, with a torque wrench and heavy duty 19mm socket, as follows
- CL, NSX, 2001-04 RL and 2001-03 TL models: 181 ft. lbs. (245 Nm)
- Integra models: 130 ft. lbs. (176 Nm)
- 2005-06 RL, RSX, and TSX models: to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm), then mark the bolt head (D) and the crankshaft pulley (E) as shown, then tighten the bolt an additional 90°. The mark on the bolt head should line up with the mark on the crankshaft pulley.
2004-06 TL models: 11 ft. lbs. then mark the bolt head (D) and the crankshaft pulley (E) as shown, then tighten the bolt an additional 90°. The mark on the bolt head should line up with the mark on the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the drive belt and other components, as necessary.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the front wheels.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.