The radio may have a coded theft protection circuit. Obtain the code before disconnecting the battery, removing the radio fuse, or removing the radio.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the left kick panel, then remove PGM-Fl main relay 2 (FUEL PUMP) from the under-dash fuse/relay box.
Start the engine, and let it idle until it stalls.
NOTEIf any DTCs are stored, clear and ignore them.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Remove the fuel fill cap, and relieve the pressure in the fuel tank.
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF, then disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Remove the quick-connect fitting cover.
- Check the fuel quick-connect fitting for dirt, and clean it if needed.
- Place a rag or shop towel over the quick-connect fitting.
Disconnect the quick-connect fitting by holding the connector with one hand, and squeezing the retainer tabs with the other hand to release them from the locking tabs, then pull the connector off.
NOTETo prevent the remaining fuel in the fuel feed line or hose from flowing out, use a rag or shop towel.
- If the connector does not move, keep the retainer tabs pressed down, and alternately pull and push the connector until it comes off easily.
- Do not remove the retainer from the line; once removed, the retainer must be replaced with a new one.
- After disconnecting the quick-connect fitting, check it for dirt or damage.