- Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the radio station presets.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery and wait AT LEAST 3 minutes before proceeding.
Align the front wheels straight ahead, then remove the driver's airbag from the steering wheel, as follows:
- Remove the access panel from the steering wheel, then disconnect the driver's airbag connector from the cable reel.
- Remove the two Torx® bolts using a Torx® T30 bit, then remove the driver's airbag.
- Disconnect the horn switch connector and the cruise control set/resume switch connector, and loosen the steering wheel bolt or nut.
Install a commercially available steering wheel puller (A) on the steering wheel (B). Free the steering wheel from the steering column shaft by turning the pressure bolt (C) of the puller.
NOTENote these items when removing the steering wheel:
Do not tap on the steering wheel or the steering column shaft when removing the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel puller, then remove the steering wheel bolt (nut) and steering wheel from the steering column.
Before installing the steering wheel, make sure the front wheels are aligned straight ahead, then center the cable reel (A). Do this by first rotating the cable reel clockwise until it stops. Then rotate it counterclockwise about two and a half turns. The arrow mark (B) on the cable reel label point should point straight up.
Position the two tabs (A) of the turn signal canceling sleeve (B) as shown, and install the steering wheel on to the steering column shaft, making sure the steering wheel hub (C) engages the pins (D) of the cable reel and tabs of the canceling sleeve. Do not tap on the steering wheel or steering column shaft when installing the steering wheel.
- Install the steering wheel bolt or nut and tighten it to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Connect the horn switch connector and the cruise control set/resume switch connector.
- Install the driver's airbag, and confirm that the system is operating properly.
- Check the horn and turn signal canceling for proper operation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Perform the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure, as follows:
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 ºF (90 ºC).
Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the radio station presets.
- Reset the clock.