REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Once the control unit mounting bolts are removed, the unit will lose any fault codes stored in the memory. The ground path is established through the mounting bolts, not through the wiring harness.
- Gain access to the control unit. For Integra 3-door, remove the right rear inner quarter panel trim. For Integra 4-door, remove the protective cover from the control unit in the trunk. For Legend, remove the rear seat back. For Vigor, remove the glove box.
- Make certain the ignition is OFF .
- Remove the mounting bolts holding the control unit to its mounts. Carefully remove the module and disconnect the wiring harness.
- Handle the control unit carefully. Do not bump, jar or drop it.
- Reinstall in reverse order. Tighten each mounting bolt to 7 ft. lbs. Make certain each bolt is snug.
- Check the function of the dashboard warning lamp by turning the ignition key ON without starting the engine.