REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Raise and safely support the vehicle as necessary for access.
- Make certain the ignition switch is OFF .
- Disconnect the sensor harness connector.
- Beginning at the connector end, remove grommets, clips or retainers as necessary to free the harness. Take careful note of the placement and routing of the harness; it must be reinstalled in the exact original position.
- Remove the bolt holding the speed sensor to its mounting; remove the sensor. If it is stuck in place, gently tap on the side of the mounting flange with a hammer and small punch; do not tap on the sensor.
- Place the sensor in position; install the retaining bolts loosely. Route the harness correctly. Avoid twisting or crimping the harness; use the white line on the wires as a guide.
- Once the harness and sensor are correctly but loosely placed, tighten the sensor mounting bolts. Tighten bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Working from the sensor end to the connector, install each clip, retainer, bracket or grommet holding the sensor harness. The harness must not be twisted. Tighten any bolt holding brackets to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the wiring connector.
- Use the ABS checker to check for proper signal from the wheel speed sensor.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.