REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the console and disconnect the lock pin from the adjuster.
- Remove the cable bracket and guide bolts.
- Remove the center beam and the exhaust pipe. Remove the front and rear engine stiffeners and the torque converter cover.
- Remove the shift cable holder and disconnect the cable end.
- Install the new cable, taking care not to bend it. Check the operation of the cable.
See Figures 2 through 6
- Remove the console. Shift the cable to R and disconnect the lock pin from the adjuster.
- Remove the exhaust pipe, catalytic converter, heat shield and the shift cable bracket.
- Remove the shift cable to rear transaxle mount bolt.
- Remove the shift cable cover and disconnect the shift cable holder from the base and cable.
- Remove the control lever and the shift cable.
- Install in reverse order and check operation of the shifter.