REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
The Acura anti-lock brake system contains brake fluid under extremely high pressure within the pump, accumulator and modulator assembly. Do not disconnect or loosen any lines, hoses, fittings or components without properly relieving the system pressure. Use only a bleeder T-wrench 07HAA-SG00100 or equivalent to relieve pressure.Improper procedures or failure to discharge the system pressure may result in severe personal injury and/or property damage.
- Depressurize the anti-lock brake system, if equipped. Draw the brake fluid from the reservoir and dispose. Disconnect the fluid lever switch wires.
- Use a flare wrench and disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder. Plug the ports and the ends of the lines.
- Remove the mounting nuts and remove the master cylinder from the brake booster. On the Vigor, remove the 4-way mounting bracket.
- Install the master cylinder and adjust the length of the pushrod so there is 0.000-0.008 in. (0.0-0.2mm) clearance with 20 in. Hg (500 mm Hg).
- Torque the mounting nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm). Connect the brake lines and torque to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the system.