REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Vigor and Legend
- Disconnect and plug the hydraulic line at the slave cylinder.
- Remove the slave cylinder-to-clutch housing bolts and the slave cylinder.
- Reverse the removal procedures. Torque the slave cylinder-to-clutch housing bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm). Refill the clutch master cylinder reservoir and bleed the hydraulic system.
HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SYSTEM BLEEDING
The hydraulic system must be bled whenever the system has been leaking or has been dismantled. The bleed screw is located on the slave cylinder.
- Remove the bleed screw dust cap.
- Attach a clear hose to the bleed screw. Immerse the other end of the hose in a clear jar 1 / 2 filled with brake fluid.
- Refill the clutch master cylinder with fresh brake fluid.
- Open the bleed screw slightly and have an assistant slowly depress the clutch pedal. Close the bleed screw when the pedal reaches the end of it's travel. Allow the clutch pedal to return slowly.
- Repeat Steps 3-4 until all air bubbles are expelled from the system.
- Discard the brake fluid in the jar. Replace the dust cap. Refill the master cylinder.