REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Legend & Vigor
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and disable the air bag module.
- Carefully pry off the switch cover and remove the driver control switches.
- Carefully pry the cover from the other side of the steering wheel and remove the Torx® screws on either side of the steering wheel.
- Carefully lift the air bag module from the wheel and place it face up where it will not be disturbed.
- Make sure the steering wheel and front wheels are straight ahead. Remove the nut and pull the steering wheel straight off the column. Note the position of the yellow tooth on the cable reel gear with the alignment mark.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers and unplug the cable reel connectors.
- Remove the screws and the cable reel.
- When fitting the cable reel onto the steering column, make sure the projections fit into the cancel sleeve grooves. Also make sure the yellow gear tooth and the arrow are correctly positioned.
- Tighten the cable reel screws, connect the wiring and install the column covers.
- Install the steering wheel. Install a new self-locking nut and torque it to 36 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the air bag module and torque the Torx® screws to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm). This torque is important for proper deployment of the air bag.
- Install the control switches and connect all wiring. Make sure the battery is disconnected before connecting the air bag module wiring.