- Disconnect the electrical connector from the cooling fan motor.
- Test the cooling fan motor operation by connecting 12 volts source to terminal A (top) and negative to terminal B (bottom).
- If the motor fails to run or run smoothly, replace it.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the electrical connection at the cooling fan motor.
- Remove all cooling fan wire retaining clips.
- Remove the radiator fan shroud retaining bolts and remove the shroud assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the cooling fan mounting nuts and remove the cooling fan from the shroud.
On some vehicles there may be enough clearance to remove the cooling fan motor from the vehicle without removing the fan shroud.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.