REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
It is necessary to remove the timing belt cover(s) and remove the timing belt from the water pump sprocket, to remove the water pump on all models. This procedure can be found later in this section.
A small amount of weeping from the bleed hole in the water pump is considered normal and no cause for replacement.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the timing belt.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the water pump-to-engine bolts and remove together with the drive sprocket.
- To install, use a new O-ring and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the 6mm bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm) and 8mm bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Refill and bleed the cooling system. Start the engine, allow it to reach normal operating temperatures and check for leaks. Check and/or adjust the engine timing.