The power antenna mast can be replaced if damaged. It is not necessary to replace the entire power antenna assembly if only the mast was damaged.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the top antenna nut, spacer and bushing.
- Turn the receiver to the ON position and gently pull the antenna mast out of the motor assembly. Note the direction the teeth were facing as the mast was pulled out.
- Insert the replacement mast toothed cable into the motor assembly with the teeth facing the direction the old one was. Insert the toothed cable far enough so engagement is felt with the gear.
- Turn the receiver to the OFF position and gently feed the antenna mast into the motor assembly.
- Install the bushing, spacer and nut. Torque to 1.7 ft. lbs. (2.3 Nm).
- Check the operation of the antenna.