REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
You will need an assistant for this job.
- Open the hood and support it on the prop rod.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the hood.
- Matchmark the hinge position on the hood (use a felt-tipped marker).
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- If the hinges are to be removed, matchmark their position and remove the mounting bolts. The wiper arms and air scoop may need to be removed first.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Adjust the position, then tighten all bolts.
- Connect the washer hose.
Once the hood is installed, tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts just snug. Close the hood and check for perfect seam alignment. The hood seams are one of the most visible on the car; the slightest error will be plainly obvious to an observer.
Loosen the bolts and position the hood as necessary, then snug the nuts and recheck. Continue the process until the hood latches smoothly and aligns evenly at all the seams.
Do not adjust hood position by moving the latch.
The hood bolts and the hinge mount bolts may be loosened to adjust their positions. Shims may be used behind the hinge mounts if necessary. When everything aligns correctly, final-tighten the bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm) on the Integra, 15-18 ft. lbs. (22-25 Nm) on Legend and Vigor.
The elevation of the hood at the latch end may be adjusted by turning the rubber stops or cushions. These bumpers have threaded bottoms and move up or down when turned. An annoying hood rattle on bumps may be caused by these cushions being missing or out of adjustment.