REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 1991-93 Legend
See Figure 1
- Remove the cap on the adjustment knob and remove the underlying screw. Pull the adjusting knob off.
- Remove the cover panel from over the mounting bolts.
- Hold the mirror and remove the 3 mounting bolts. Remove the mirror.
- Install the mirror and mounting bolts. Replace the cover, knob and screw. Install the cap.
- Remove the door panel. Disconnect the electrical lead to the mirror.
- Gently pry out the cover panel from over the mounting bolts.
- Hold the mirror and remove the mounting bolts. Remove the mirror.
- Install the mirror and the mounting bolts. Replace the cover panel and connect the electrical lead. Install the door panel.
See Figure 2
- Gently pry the front edge of the cover panel out. Remove the cover panel.
- Pull back the weatherstripping from the front edge of the mirror mounting and remove the screw. Remove the 2 other mounting screws while holding the mirror.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the mirror.
- Install the mirror and mounting screws.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the cover panel.
There are 3 style of mirror glass retention. Style 1 has the glass retained by sealant and a close fit around its perimeter. Style 2 is held by a screw and a ball swivel. Style 3 is retained by a screw going into the power adjustment motor housing.
The styles can be determined if the inspection of the underside of the mirror has a screw accessible. If there is no screw then it is a Style 1. If there is a screw, it is either a Style 2 or 3. Style 2 is used with manual mirrors and Style 3 is used on power mirrors.Style 1
- Use a low powered heatgun and heat the edges of the glass from a distance of 2 in. (50mm). Do not overheat.
- Gently pry the glass out of the seal.
- Apply sealant to the back of the new glass and press into place narrow end first.
See Figure 3
- Unscrew the screw from under the mirror head.
- If it is a power mirror, pull the mirror out of the housing and disconnect the plugs.
- If it is a manual mirror, gently pry the mirror out of the housing to disengage the ball swivel.
- Install the mirror glass after lubricating the ball swivel on the style 2 and connecting the electrical plugs on style 3.
- Install the mounting screw.