On Legend and Vigor models with anti-lock brakes, there are 2 brake reservoirs. One of the reservoirs is the traditional master cylinder and the other is the ABS system modulator reservoir.
Use only DOT 3 or DOT 4 specification brake fluid from a tightly sealed container. If you are unsure of the condition of the fluid (whether or not it has been tightly sealed), use new fluid rather than taking a chance of introducing moisture into the system.
See Figure 1
On the reservoir there are 2 lines that the fluid level should fall between. When adding brake fluid, the following precautions should be observed:
- Use only recommended brake fluid: DOT 3 or DOT 4; SAE J 1703b HD type.
- Never reuse brake fluid and never use fluid that is dirty, cloudy or has air bubbles.
- Store brake fluid in a clean dry place in the original container. Cap tightly and do not puncture a breather hole in the container.
- Carefully remove any dirt from around the reservoir cap before opening.
- Take special care not to spill the fluid. The painted surface of the vehicle will be damaged by brake fluid.