All manual transaxles use engine oil labeled for SE use. Use 10W-30 or 10W-40 viscosity; the 10W-40 viscosity is the safer recommendation, especially driving frequency is at high speeds for prolonged periods in hot weather.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The transaxle fluid should be changed every 30,000 miles.
- Remove the oil level check bolt from the side of the transaxle. If oil runs out, retighten the bolt to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Loosen the filler plug and pour oil in slowly until it begins to run out via the level check bolt, then, tighten the bolt to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm) and filler plug.
DRAIN AND REFILL
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
- Place a fluid catch pan under the transaxle.
- Remove the upper and lower plugs, then, drain the fluid.
- Using a new washer, install the bottom plug tightening to 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm). Refill the transaxle, until the oil is level with the upper filler plug hole. Install the filler plug and tighten to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
Be sure to properly dispose of any waste oil from the transmission.