See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the rear wheels.
Spindle nut torque is very high. Tighten or loosen the spindle nut only with the vehicle on the ground. Attempting to loosen or torque the spindle nut while the vehicle is on jack stands or a lift may cause the vehicle to fall.
- With the vehicle on the ground, remove the hub cap and pry the spindle nut lock tab away from the spindle. Loosen the nut.
- Remove the caliper without disconnecting the hydraulic hose. Support the caliper so it does not hang by the hose.
- Remove the disc by pressing it off with a pair of 8mm bolts threaded into the holes between the studs. Turn each bolt 2 turns at a time.
- Remove the spindle nut and remove the hub/bearing unit from the knuckle. The bearing is a sealed unit pressed into the hub.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the caliper bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm). With the vehicle on the ground, torque the spindle nut to 134 ft. lbs. (185 Nm) on Integra and Vigor, 180 ft. lbs. (250 Nm) on 1986-90 Legend and 206 ft. lbs. (285 Nm) on 1991-93 Legend and stake the nut to the spindle.