REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Legend & Vigor
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the lower damper fork bolt.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar from the arm.
- Remove the lower arm ball joint-to-steering knuckle nut. Using a ball joint removal tool, separate the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Disconnect the radius rod from the lower control arm and remove the arm.
- Reverse the removal procedure. Torque the radius rod-to-control arm bolts to 76 ft. lbs. (105 Nm) and the chassis bolt to 39 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- On 1986-90 Legend, torque ball joint nut to 72 ft. lbs. (100 Nm) and tighten as required to insert a new cotter pin.
- On 1991-93 Legend, torque the ball joint nut to 54 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) and tighten as required to insert a new cotter pin.
- On Vigor, torque the lower ball joint nut to 36 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and tighten as required to install a new cotter pin.