REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the front wheels.
- Place a floor jack beneath the lower control arm and remove the ball joint cotter pin/nut.
Be sure to place the jack securely beneath the lower control arm at the ball joint. Otherwise, the tension from the torsion bar may cause the arm to suddenly jump away from the steering knuckle as the ball joint is removed.
- Using a ball joint removal tool or equivalent, remove the ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the radius arm locking nuts and the stabilizer locking nut and separate the radius arm from the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the lower arm bolts and the radius arm by pulling it down and forward.
- Reverse the removal procedures. Tighten all the rubber bushings and damper parts only after the vehicle is placed back on the ground.