REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- These air control valves are located at the side of the intake chamber or plenum downstream of the throttle body. On Integra vehicles, the fast idle valve is located in the emission control box.
- Disconnect the wiring connector at the valve.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the unit.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the valve. Recover and discard the O-rings from the vacuum ports.
The fast idle valve is factory adjusted; it should not be disassembled or altered.To install:
- Replace the O-rings and make certain they are properly seated.
- Install the valve and the retaining bolts. The pintle or control valve for the EACV must seat correctly in its port. Tighten the bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hoses to the valve; make certain each hose is connected to the proper port. Connect the electrical connector.