REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the distributor from the engine.
- Remove the cap, rotor and seal.
- Remove the protective cover under the cap
- Remove the protective cover from the ignition coil and remove the coil.
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the igniter from the distributor housing.
- Install the igniter and tighten the retaining screws.
- Install the coil and coil cover.
- Reassemble the leak cover, rotor, seal and distributor cap.
- Install the distributor.
The igniter is mounted externally in the engine compartment. For 1986-1990 Legend, it is on the left shock tower; on 1991-93 Legends, it is on the right front shock tower, just behind the underhood fuse/relay box. For 5 cylinder Vigor engines, the igniter is on the right fender apron, near the firewall. To remove these igniters, turn the ignition switch OFF , disconnect the connector and remove the retaining bolts. Reinstall in reverse order.