REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body.
- Drain the cooling system, at least to a level below the throttle body.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses running to the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
- Disconnect the wiring connector(s) from the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the throttle control, cruise control and/or accelerator cable. Do not kink the cables.
- Remove the nuts holding the throttle body to the intake chamber or plenum. Loosen each nut 1-2 turns at a time to release the pressure evenly.
- Remove the throttle body assembly. Remove and discard the gasket. Some models use a solid insulator below the throttle body instead of a regular gasket. This base may be removed after its retaining bolts are removed. If the insulator is in good condition and free of any cracks or