REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and drain the oil from the transaxle.
- Remove the halfshaft and the bearing heat shield, if equipped.
- Remove the 3 bearing support bolts.
- On Vigor and 1991-93 Legend, slide the shaft out of the oil pan. On all other models, lower the bearing support close to the steering gearbox and remove the intermediate shaft from the differential.
To avoid damage to the differential oil seal, hold the intermediate shaft horizontal until it clears the differential.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque the bearing support bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm) for 8mm bolts, or 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) for 10mm bolts.