REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 1986-88 Legend
- Remove the damper unit and make a note of the spring seat and bracket positions for reassembly.
- Install the damper into a spring compressor and tighten the compressor according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove the locking nut from the top of the shock absorber and disassemble the damper and spring as required.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to properly position the spring seat and brackets.
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Use a floor jack to take the weight off the lower hub carrier bolt and remove the bolt.
- Loosen the outer lower arm bolt and remove the inner lower arm bolt.
- Slowly lower the jack to release the spring. Remove the spring.
- Install the spring and loosely install the bolts.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground and torque the bolts. Torque the inside lower arm bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm), the outside lower arm bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm) and the hub carrier lower bolt to 54 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).