REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The air cleaner is in a housing at the front of the vehicle. The recommended change interval for the air filter is 30,000 miles under normal circumstances, severe service requires more frequent changes.
- To remove, unscrew the bolts and/or spring clips from the air cleaner cover.
- Remove the air cleaner cover and the air cleaner element.
- Using a clean rag, clean out the air cleaner housing.
- Using a new air cleaner element, install the new element.
Air cleaner elements are not interchangeable, although they may appear to be. Make sure you have the proper element for the year and model.
- Install the air cleaner cover and any retaining bolts.