All Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) wiring is covered with a yellow outer insulation. This wiring harness cannot be repaired and if cut or damaged, the whole harness must be replaced. To disable the airbag:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the access panel from the bottom of the steering wheel. Stored on the panel is a short connector.
- Unplug the airbag connector and install the short connector on the airbag connector.
- The airbag can now be safely removed and/or the battery can be reconnected for testing or operating other vehicle systems.
- To reconnect the airbag, disconnect the battery.
- Connect the airbag wiring harness and make sure no one is in the vehicle before reconnecting the battery.