REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- With the vehicle resting on the ground and the parking brake set, break loose the lug nuts but do not remove.
- Block the wheel at the opposite corner of the vehicle with a chock. Raise the vehicle at the jacking point.
- Place a jackstand under the vehicle at the jacking point before continuing work.
- Mark the relationship of the wheel to the hub to maintain the finish balance. Remove the lug nuts and remove the wheel.
- Clean the surfaces of the wheel and the hub where they meet. Coat the hub with a thin layer of anti-seize.
- Clean the threads of the studs and check for damage. Coat the studs with anti-seize.
- Install the wheel over the studs. Install and snug the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug bolts to 80 ft. lbs. (110 Nm) in a crisscross pattern.
With the wheel removed, check for obvious bends, dents or chips missing from the rim. Check for cracks at the spokes, inside and outside. With the wheel installed, spin the wheel on the hub to check for bends and wobbles not noticeable with the wheel removed.
Do not try to repair a damaged wheel by hammering it straight. Have an alloy wheel professionally repaired or replace it. Replace damaged steel wheels. Use only OEM approved replacement wheels and check American Honda Motor Co., Acura Division or your dealer for approved makes of wheels. Do not change the size, width or offset without first checking if the change is acceptable.