REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Locate the slave cylinder.
- Remove the flare fitting and steel line from the slave cylinder assembly.
See Figure 1
- Remove the slave cylinder from the clutch housing by removing the attaching bolts.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure
Use only DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid to refill the clutch hydraulic system.
- Fill and bleed the clutch system, using a suitable DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid..
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM BLEEDING
Use only DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid from a clean, sealed container, in the clutch master and slave cylinders. As brake fluid will damage the vehicle's paint, clean up any spills immediately.
- Fit a flare or box end wrench onto the slave cylinder bleeder screw.
- Attach a rubber tube to the slave cylinder bleeder screw and suspend it into a clear drain container partially filled with brake fluid.
- Fill the clutch master cylinder with brake fluid.
- Open the bleeder screw and press the clutch pedal to the floor.
- Close the bleeder screw.
- Release the clutch pedal and recheck the reservoir fluid level. Top off if necessary.
- Continue the above procedure until no more bubbles appear in the tube.
- Top off the clutch master cylinder reservoir with brake fluid.