The Crankshaft Fluctuation (CKF) sensor, a.k.a. the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor, measures speed fluctuations in each revolution of the crankshaft. Any time there is a significant fluctuation in the speed of the crankshaft a misfire of one or more cylinders has occurred.
- With the ignition switch OFF , detach the Crankshaft Fluctuation sensor (CKF) connector.
- Measure the resistance between the two terminals.
- The resistance should measure 1.6-3.2 kohms.
- If the resistance is not in the above specified range, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Locate the sensor. It may be located on the crankshaft timing cover by the flywheel or on some Integra models it is located inside the distributor.
- Detach the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the fasteners, then remove the sensor from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.