REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the splash shield from the wheel well.
- Remove the adjusting and mounting bolts.
- Remove the power steering pump belt.
- Remove the adjusting bolt and idler pulley bracket bolt.
- Remove the air conditioning compressor belt.
- Remove the alternator belt.
- To hold the crankshaft pulley still while you are removing the damper bolt, a Honda factory tool (#07MAB-PY3010A) or equivalent is required. However, it is also possible to construct your own tool by attaching a length of pipe to a 2 inch plumbing fitting as shown in the accompanying figure.
See Figure 5
- Remove the crankshaft damper.
- Install the damper the reverse order of removal.
- Lubricate the damper bolt with engine oil before installation.
- Torque the damper pulley bolt to 130 ft. lbs. (177 Nm) on 1.8L engines, or to 181 ft. lbs. (245 Nm) on all other engines.
- Connect the negative battery cable.