REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove any radiator hoses that interfere with the removal of the fans.
- Detach the fan motor connectors.
- Remove the fan shroud assemblies.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Detach the fan motor electrical connector.
- Check to be sure that the radiator fan rotates when battery voltage is applied between the connector terminals.
- Check that abnormal noises are not produced while the fan motor is turning.
- If the fan runs normally, the motor is functioning properly.
- If not, replace the fan module using the procedure earlier in this section.
If the motor is noticeably overheated, the system voltage may be too high.