REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1.8L, 2.2L, and 2.3L Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect any wires or hoses that interfere with valve cover removal.
- Remove the spark plug wire cover on 1.8L, 2.2L and 2.3L engines.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wires.
- Unfasten all necessary retainers, then remove the rocker arm (valve) cover. If the cover sticks to the cylinder head, tap it lightly with a rubber mallet or the palm of your hand.
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Thoroughly clean the gasket mating surfaces.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, be sure the valve cover gasket is seated properly in the corners with no visible gap.